Friday, June 29, 2007

Friday, June 29, 2007

Molly goes public! Watch channel 4 news on Monday, July 2nd to see Molly's interview with Molly Hughes. This is supposed to be a story about our foundation and the fund raiser "Swim-a-poolooza" on July 13th at Skyline pool, Monaco and Jewel. Last year, friends of Molly organized a swimming marathon to benefit Molly. This year we are trying to raise money for our foundation to help others like Molly, who have been ill or injured, to return to an independent life through sport. We are calling all swimmers to join us again for this cause. If you would like to swim or have a team that would like to swim, go to www.mollybloomfoundation.org for information and registration. This year, Bob and I can actually participate and enjoy this 24 hour event. We are swimming (to use the term loosely for me because I am not a good swimmer) on 2 teams. Everyone is invited to come and join in the festivities. Denver Bob will be making a personal appearance,;we will be raffling off prizes; and in general having a great time. We have met so many others who need help this past year. We were so blessed with so much support all through this trauma, that we would like to pass some of this on to the anonymous souls out there who could use help. If you have a business and would like to donate prizes or supplies for the swimmers, post a comment with your contact information and I will contact you. If you don't want your contact info on the blog, you have the option of selecting that and it will not be posted.
To Marie, Ria, and everyone else who would like to talk to me or Molly, I need your contact information. You can request not to have your comment posted. Brenda, did you get my e-mail? How is Justin? Michaela, swim!!! Call me. Amy, thank you for your comment. We love you and all the staff at Denver Health! Come swim, or just visit.
Denver Bob is infectious!!! You gotta meet him! Craig Pollitt, post a comment with your contact info. Would you like to have a team swim? We want to thank Tony for Molly's ski lessons. He was the best!
Along the way, we have met many patients and parents who have dealt with much more than I could possibly imagine. Molly's situation was and is bad, but there are worse situations out there. Giving a little of your time or money will go a long way to make the world a better place for people facing obstacles to a normal life that most of us can't even fathom. Just getting into a building can be so devastating that most of us would give up. Some parents spend a lifetime taking care of special needs children without a single complaint. Count your blessings. Giving a little goes a long way for those in need. God Bless you all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Bob, Bernie, Katy, and Molly, I am so excited to come to this swim-a-thon I can't tell you. What a great way for you to give back to others that need help. This Bloom family is something special. I have a routine all set up, and I am so excited to do it I can't tell you.
I have to tell you about my grandma's 100th birthday party. It was yesterday and we wheeled her on the lawn in her wheel chair. Grandma doesn't speak very well but she can write notes to communicate. After a short time on the lawn she started to lean to the right, so family members grabbed her, straightened her up, and stuffed pillows on her right.
A short time later she started leaning to the left, so again we grabbed her and stuffed pillows on her left.
Soon she started leaning forward, so we grabbed her, then tied a pillowcase around her waist to hold her up.
My oldesr son got there late and went up to Grandma and said, "Hi Grandma, how are they treating you?" Grandma took her notepad and wrote to my son...."They won't let me fart."
Stay strong and stay cool,
Denver Bob
P.S. Bernie, you said in the blog I was "infectios" Come on Bernie, Let it go, that was when I was in Mexico in 1981.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home