Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Molly continues to heal, but the hard part is just starting. We had a couple of scary issues yesterday that turned out to be minor set backs. She continues to amaze all the therapists with her strength and determination. She wants to get well enough to come home and move on with her life. She walked around her room with a walker yesterday with very little help. Go Baby!
It sounds like Mollypalooza is turning into a very big deal. This started out as a few high school bands that wanted to do a benefit and has become international news. It almost feels like a little snowball rolling downhill that is on the verge of starting an avalanche. Is that good or bad? Time will tell.
During the course of Molly's recovery, we have met so many parents whose children are suffering from diseases or injuries more severe than Molly's. Not to diminish what she has to deal with for the rest of her life, but I feel like I wish I could help all of these kids and their parents. Maybe someday, there will be a way for me to do that. Those of you who are praying, remember the other children. Thank you.
PHAMALy is a company of theater people with disabilities; actors, writers, stage hands, costume designers, etc. Mallory Nelson is part of this troupe. They have a production of the Wiz now showing at the Space Theater at the DCPA through July 30th. For information, call 303-893-4100 or go to PHAMALY.org.
Rebecca, Wichita is a long way from here. I miss you. Give Janie a kiss for me.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that both you and molly's strength is, for lack of a less cheesier word, inspiring. I just know you guys are all not only going to be okay, but thrive. My mom reads me, my brother and my sister your blog almost everyday. It really blows me away to think how fast this could all happen, and how amazing you both are. I know you get a lot of stuff like this already, but i just needed to let you know.
we're all praying for molly everyday.

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is also Molly Bloom; my cousin sent me the link to an article on Mollypalooza. I'd like to donate somehow to Molly. I'm in New York City (I'm 28) and I know there are only a few Molly Blooms out there. So it's sad to hear that one of us is going through such a rough time. I don't have much to donate but anything to help "Other Molly" to feel better is probably okay.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I found out about Molly when I read about the date that Jessica Biel is auctioning off. I live in Dallas and I read through the entire blog after I found out what happend to Molly. She is really one tough cookie and she is doing amazing. My son was born fourteen weeks prematurely and was in the hospital for three months. I know how confining, monotonous, etc. the hospitals can be. Everyday Molly is there is better and one step closer to coming home. It sounds like she has found a soulmate in Mallory! Molly will be home before she knows it and I know she will use the experience to make good out of bad. Not to far in the furture she will be the "Mallory" to another person. She has her entire life ahead of her and she will not let this slow her down. It may be a different path that she started on but it will be a better path! She is an inspiration and I am going to donate to the Molly fund. Tell her to keep her spirits up and that the whole universe is pulling for her :)!

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Molly is big news. The Mollypalooza was also in the Austin, Tx. Statesman. There are so many people around the US and the world that are praying for Molly and following this blog.

Sounds like Molly is getting better everyday. Her strength and willpower continue to inspire us all.

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bernadine,

You have already helped so many. In the midst of all you have to deal with, you constantly remember others, PHAMALY, being just one example. You have an amazing heart and great eloquence, and have set an example for us all.

Best to Molly in her continued recovery.

Another East Mom

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello my name is Kendra, and my younger sister Sara use to play with Molly on the Washington Park Hobos basketball team. My family and I were so sadden to learn of Molly's accident. I specifically remember Molly and her smile. She was always smiling, and beaming with happiness. I truely believe in my heart and soul, Molly will continue to stun the world with her strength and courage. And that Molly will never loose the smile that I remember so vividly. Bob & Bernie, you have raised a inspiring, strong, independant and very motivated younge woman. You should be so proud of the family you have made. My family and I keep your family in our thought, and wish nothing but the best for you all.

P.S Katy keep your head, I know this can't be easy for you. But your doing an amazing job. Molly couldn't ask for a better sister!

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Molly, I just read about you last week on CNN.com and have been catching up on your blog. My heart goes out to you as I can personally relate to what you are going through. When I was 19 I had an accident at work and lost my right hand. It is wonderful to see all the love and support that your family and friends are giving you! Stay strong, always believe in yourself and there isn't anything that will keep you from doing what you want to do.

If you wish to contact me write to me at plowman578@msn.com

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Molly. I too, lost my leg last August and I understand the pain and sacrifices you are going through. Half the battle is the mental game and by reading your blog, I truly beleive you have that mental toughness. Honestly, as you grow confidence and strength, you become stronger and even as P/T becomes more challenging, you will see the end of the rainbow. Keep the faith! Denesio

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home